Thursday, May 6, 2010

Anonymous blogs are the devil

They're all the same.

Just petty whinging from people with absolutely nothing interesting to say. And I love them. I have loved them since I discovered Marieke Hardy's blog, Reasons You Will Hate Me. I read the shit out of that blog.

My love affair with random strangers' blogs continued when I was trying to decide which uni to go to. I stumbled upon the Faster Louder blog of a UQ journo from Toowoomba, Steph Maker. I internet stalked her senseless, and this was back before the days that people were making Facebook accounts for their pets.

Anywho, her blog is somewhat responsible for the fact that I am currently sitting in computer lab 31A waiting impatiently for Premiere Pro to render my stupid fucking file. It's 78% done.

I continued to stalk her during the course of my degree. The day she set her Facebook profile to private was one of the saddest of my life.

I vividly recall the day she spoke to me in Joyce Ackroyd, asking me to mind her things while she went to speak to Abu in the Camera Shop. I got a perverted pleasure out of thinking I knew so much of her life, including what size Kylie Minogue had decreed her bum to be, and she had absolutely no idea.

The internet is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment